Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

- Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sending 2011 into Heaven.....



It's strange to see the changes over the past year.  I moved into DC proper, got rid of my car, decided to quit my job and travel to Europe, discovered that it's ok to let past friendships stay in the past, got new peepers (if you're contemplating lasik, just get it) and recently realized that I am pretty ok with how my life is.  Would I like to be in a relationship, yes.  Do I know what 2012 will bring? No.  But that is ok.

Chris Guillebeau of The Art of Non-Conformity wrote about how he chooses one or two word themes for his years.  Instead of New Years Resolutions which get forgotten around January 4, I am going to label 2012 the year of Taking Chances.   I am going to take the chance of quitting my, take the chance of  traveling alone through Europe, take the chance that I will be able to sublet my apartment and then move back in, take the chance to meet new men, take the chance to live my life.

Here's hoping that New Years will be full of champagne, fireworks, and sparklers.

No comments:

Post a Comment