Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

- Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 31, 2011

Blame it on the Goose... Gotcha Feelin Loose...

So this past Saturday night, while celebrating Halloween in the adult way (with booze.  Get your mind out of the gutter.  Or don’t.  I just didn’t get to make out with any dudes unfortunately.) I let it slip to a co-worker and friend that I was leaving.  I blame my friend who was attempting to get me drunk.  Actually I don’t.  I blame it on the ah-ah-aaahhcahol. 

My co-worker and I have bonded because we are the only two people under thirty in our group.  Plus we’re both pretty fun so we get along quite well.  However it’s been sad to watch his demise from being the bastion of hope in the program to being just as bitter as I am.  The past few weeks he has been struggling with the questions of should he stay at his job or just leave, what if he doesn’t get a new job, this is a crappy economy, etc etc.  I’ve been struggling with telling him about the fact that I’m going to be leaving my job for a while as well.  I figured I would tell him when he gets back from his 5 week long vacation.  He’s going on a renewal, which adds to his desire to get out since he now has to stay at his job for 2 more years.  It’s complicated.  So thanks to my friend Captain Morgan I told him that I was leaving in March.  Of course, after that I was persuaded by my crush to leave the party (again, giving me booze but not making a move? WTF?) and go to another one.  So I didn’t get to tell him that much about my decision making process and give him whatever insight that I could help provide him with. 

Fast forward to this morning where I read one of my horoscopes that said that I may be prompted to share my feelings with a co-worker today but to be cautious about what I say.  It always freaks me out when my horoscope matches exactly what is going on in my life.  But that did also give me the courage to really tell him what I am planning to do.  Hopefully it will be to him what the story I heard was to me.  A motivator that I can do this seemingly ridiculous thing and everything will end up ok.  That quitting my job, going to travel through Europe and moving back home is not the end of something but the beginning of something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment