Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

- Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Snowy Halloween

So, last night was the night where a girl can dress like a slut and get away with it.  I, however, chose to go a different route.  And as seems to be the case with most costumes that aren't a slutty this, I had to explain to a lot of people who I was.  Although most did say that they had only seen the movie once which I view as a tragedy in their lives but alas.....

It was also yet another night of going out and not really connecting with any one.  Sometimes I feel like I am so alone and disconnected from the people around me.  I just don't have the energy to try to make small talk with people I know I'm not going to see again.  (And yes, I realize that I have no way of knowing if I'm going to see someone again or not, but when you're talking to a random person at a party and they clearly would rather be elsewhere, you just have a gut feeling.)   I realize that I am not the type of person that when I first meet someone they're like "I have to hang out with her more".  I am more of a slow realization of how awesome I am.  And that's ok.  It makes me wonder if I'm also using the fact that I'm leaving as a catalyst to not bothering to meet new people.  It makes me sad because I am sure these people are all really nice but I just find it really hard to want to get to know someone if I am just going to be leaving in a few months any way.

Also, we got snow yesterday.  Snow.  On October 29.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment